One tonne of CO2(PDF)
Recently launched – an amazing set of walks around Chalford. Great for those autumn rambles visit https://chalcan.org.uk/walking-2
Take a Climate Walk (PDF)
Air Source Heat Pumps- A Summary
Have a read of this newly written Heat Pump Article (PDF) regarding Air source heat pumps. Any questions or for further information email email@example.com
no.61 bus service changed to no. 67
67 bus timetables available from the Parish Centre or here (PDF)
A circular wildlife trail 10 km long through Chalford Parish. There are information boards at Abnash Bank, France Lynch Pleasure Ground, Parish Bank, Middle Hill Spinney and Meadow, and Frith Wood.
Maps and info here….or pick up a leaflet from the Parish Centre or village shop.
We have compiled a list of volunteering roles ranging from helping with Frith Wood to writing articles for social media. You can see the list of positions here Volunteering Roles and if you would like further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
ChalCAN is on Instagram! follow us at @chalford.can
Linking in to the national Big Green Week (Sept 18th-26th) there will be a range of ChalCAN activities through which we hope to engage with many more local residents. On the agenda is a demo of electric cars, a pre-loved clothes sale, film night and information evenings.
Thursday, 23rd of September, 7 pm at Bussage Village Hall. The Biodiversity Group has arranged a talk by Stephen Dawson of the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust on Hedgehog Friendly Gardens. Do you come along and find out how you can do your bit to support your local friendly hedgehog!
– Friday 24th and Saturday 25th September, Chalford BioBlitz. There are two sites in Chalford Parish we intend to visit as part of our Biodiversity mapping scheme. For more information visit our Facebook page here
– Saturday 25th September 10am Family friendly walk (about 3 miles) from CSSC.
– Saturday 25th September,One tonne insulation (PDF) See our sculpture on the green by the bus stop in Chalford.
– Sunday 26th September 6.30 – 8.30pm ‘Tomorrow’: do we need a new vision and some positive direction? A documentary
film, France Lynch Church Rooms. Tickets are free but please can you still book by using this link https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BGPE
– Thursday 30th September 7.30-9.30 pm, Chalford Village Hall, find out more about Heat Pumps.
October events planned so far…
- Thursday 7th October, 7.30-9.30pm, Church Rooms, France Lynch: Solar PV panels evening (inc.possibility to sign up for a bulk purchase)
- Saturday 16th October, 10.30am-12.30pm, Celebration of Frith Wood and Launch of Friends of Frith Wood at ….Frith Wood!
- Thursday 28th October, 7.30-9.30pm A Wind Energy Information Evening, Methodist Church Hall, Chalford GL6 8EN. Featuring Dr Andrew Henderson – an offshore wind expert – and Ron Colyer of the Westmill Windfarm Coop. Free entry but small donation towards hall hire would be appreciated
More events with dates and times will be posted here in due course.
Latest Blog posts
Do you already have some awareness of climate change but nothing much more? The ‘Climate Walk’ can show you how the choices you make can have a real impact on the climate and on society.
The walk can be run physically or virtually. It is designed for small groups of 4 or 5, either recruited at a fair or similar event or split from a larger group.
Each group takes a ‘walk’ to five stopping points of a few minutes each to discuss the possibilities and implications of:
Changing personal behaviour such as giving up flying or going vegan
Local initiatives such as wind turbines
Government action such as an individual ‘carbon ration’
Natural ‘tipping points’ such as methane leaking from permafrost
Technologies such as carbon capture
(If time is limited then a stopping point can be omitted).
Each stopping point sets difficult choices and these choices are scored to yield one of three possible climate futures for 2100 – which of course range from the good to the disastrous!
For more details contact Peter Wormington on 0789 0940938 or email@example.com